Guy Chester Centre Teens & Young Adult Self Defence Course (ESPA)
Chester House is a catered halls of residence located throughout London who offer affordable, supportive & high-quality accommodation to students and career starters, and proudly provide a friendly and welcoming home from home for thier residents.
The Eclectic Self Protection Academy (ESPA) was hired to run a self defence workshop in aid of building respect, dignity, hospitality, relationship building and empowerment for their in-house young teens and adults.
The ESP program taught the teens and young adults creative and powerful skills to deal with difficult situations that they may have to face. Our ethos is to use non-violent strategies, to teach the students how to effectively avoid, control and de-escalate aggression.
The course covered:
- Avoiding altercations
- How to handle difficult situations
- Protecting personal space
- Making yourself a hard target
- Situation Control
- Setting boundaries against inappropriate touch or attention
- Assessing appropriate personal defence options
- Stranger Awareness Training
In addition, ESP went through with the in-house students other practical skills including natural tools which are easy to learn and apply.
- Pre-emptive strikes using the upper and lower body
- Personal defence against chokes, grabs and entrapment
- Locks, levers and control
- Natural strikes & reversals whilst being on the ground.
A brilliant achievement by the Guy Chester in-house young students who demonstrated very high standards and determination. We are committed in providing young adults with the Self Defence techniques needed to keep safe and protect themselves. Well done and we look foward to seeing you again soon!
For reviews about what other students, parents, and organizations have said about us, please click here.